Sometimes we take things in life for granted. Even important things. Here are just a few of the ways people here have seen God at work through Christ the King.
As we enter Hispanic Heritage Month, we encourage you to explore resources for learning about the vast and varied history and experience of hispanic cultures and people.
One great online resource is the website of the National Museum of the American Latino. You can visit their site HERE.
We recommend you spend a few minutes watching the 3.5 minute video from Somos (we are), a video that discusses the great diversity within Latin cultures that is often overlooked.
We also have a fantastic opportunity to learn about hispanic heritage in our own building. Cristo Rey is a vibrant community whose congregants hold a multitude of experiences and represent a variety of Latin cultures. If you haven’t (or even if you have), consider attending a Cristo Rey service this month.
By Pastor Sarah Anderson
What are you looking forward to this fall at CtK?
As you watch the video, how would you answer that question? There is quite a variety of ministry happening this fall and there is something for all ages. Take time to familiarize yourself with Christ the King's Mission Statement and be curious how you will actively engage your faith. Be courageous and try something new! The Holy Spirit moves in surprising and powerful ways as we grow, gather, and give of ourselves.
Here are some ideas of how we can live out Christ's mission together:
Growing in faith and understanding
- Pick one of the many Bible studies to attend
- Attend the book study hosted by the Racial Justice Team in October
- Participate in SALT (Sunday Adult Learning Time) after worship (new this year is an option for childcare so parents can attend SALT)
Gathering for worship and fellowship
- Even if it's been awhile, come to worship in-person at 9:30 on Sundays
- If you see a new-to-you face, introduce yourself
- Stay for coffee and donuts after worship
- Sing in the choir or play handbells (beginners welcome!)
Giving of ourselves and our resources
- Help at a Wednesday evening meal
- Stretch your financial giving
- Steward the earth: pick up sticks and leaves at CtK
- Write a thank-you note